I dread Mondays. They have a negative stigma. I join half of the world to hate Mondays. Every other day of the week is fine but when Mondays come, I almost cry. It signifies the end of my beloved weekend.
Every Monday, I am grumpy and wonder why there has to be a Monday at all.
But if Monday is eliminated from the days of the week, then my dread will move to Tuesdays, right? And if Tuesdays are struck off too, then Wednesday becomes evil and so on and so forth. So Monday just happens to the be at right place at the wrong time, or is it the other way round? Poor Monday. Anyhoooooooo, God made Monday and even though I dread it, I have to learn to rejoice and be glad in it.
So, here are some personal reasons that should make me love my Mondays and be glad in them (and so I won’t waste 1/7 of my week life being grouchy):
1. Monday is a day I start over, get back on task and return to the discipline I have chosen for myself.
2. It sets the tone for the rest of the week: Happy Monday is a Happy Week. Sad Monday is a Sad Week.
3. My mum prays for me in great detail every Monday. Ohhh, what a beautiful feeling it is to know that someone takes out hours from her day to pray specially for me. It is also the day My Bestie of life and I spend quality time talking to Abba Father.
4. It brings new ideas, creative thoughts and feedback from insightful people around me.
5. I buy a book every Monday. Yes, I do.
6. I get to see my amazing kids and wonderful colleagues after the weekend break.
7. I am another week closer to achieving my goals and dreams for the year.
8. It is another opportunity to show God’s love, encourage someone (esp those who hate Mondays) and be a Star.
9. Since God made each day full of His blessings, my heart has to be open with love for each day (including Monday) to receive them. I cannot afford to miss out on them because of my negativity.
10. Best of all, I have another opportunity to get right with God. I improve my relationship with Him and be thankful I have another Monday to get a lil’ closer to Him.
Thanks for having the word ‘mon’ in you. That’s French for ‘mine’ in case you weren’t aware. It makes me think of you more as “My Day”, and frankly that sounds like a much more promising start to the week.
Posted on March 24, 2014, in Dear Jesus and tagged Christian living, Joy, Monday, Optimism, Positive, Rejoice. Bookmark the permalink. 60 Comments.
I’ve noticed dat some workers are so tired for Monday work….they are yawning nd so grumpy to attend to people.Monday has become a rest day,on a work day.
No day of d week shall offend me,not even Monday…..each shall bless me….by faith i receive what they have in store for me.
Sunday has become a working day,no longer a day of rest.After service,its one church meeting,or town meeting or any meeting dat could not hold during d work days.Christians,learn 2 draw d line or we end up not keeping d Sabbath….God blessed d 7th day nd made it holy,b/c on it He rested from all the work of creation(Gen2:2,3).
Ezar,one day soon,we expect a post on The Lord’s Day,…how 2 keep it or miss d Lord’s visitation.John was in d Spirit on d Lords day nd received d Book of Revelation(Rev.1:10).How many of us are in d Spirit on d Lord’s day?May we not be in d flesh,doing d works of d flesh on d Lord’s day!Be in d Spirit nd rest frm human labours.Dont make Monday ur rest day nd waste d tax-payers money.
Man will always put d cart before d horse.Lets help to put our world in order….1st things 1st.Dont distort God’s ordered creation,including His order of days.
Its another Friday….Thank God its Friday,after a week of hard work.TGIFooooooooooooooooooo.
What goes around,comes around…..its friday today,nd soon it will be monday again…nd life continues.We must learn to live each day nd embrace them….we have no choice….do we?
Thank God its monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday,saturday,sunday!!!Dat shuld be our attitude….d right attitude as Christians.
Just as we are another week closer 2 achieving our dreams nd goals,we are also another week closer to meeting our Creator.So lets learn to number our days dat we may apply our hearts to wisdom.
I’m really encouraged dear…. I’ve always cherished Saturdays but with this post I’ll love Mondays and the rest of the days too.. His mercies are new every morning right?? So I’d embrace it whole -heartedly to have a terrific Monday… Woohoo!!!