I am immensely grateful for all the support, love and goodwill I have received since the Launch of The Spider’s Web on the 6th of June, 2015. I can’t begin to tell you all the wonderful things that happened; it will take a whole day, and then some more.
D.E.A.R (DROP EVERYTHING AND READ)
Purchase a copy of The Spider’s Web at a bookstore and have your pictures taken whilst reading in unusual ways or unusual places or in a costume. EASY!
DEAR CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES:
Email no more than one picture to email@example.com . By submitting your photo, you agree to the official terms and conditions.
KEEP RECEIPT OR EVIDENCE OF PURCHASE. IT IS NECESSARY TO RECEIVE YOUR PRIZES.
How to Enter: Email your digital photograph submission as a jpeg file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DEAR Photo Contest.” The file must be no larger than 10 Mb in size. Include your name and phone number in the email.
Winner Selection: All entries will be judged based on the following criteria: inspirational quality (50%), originality (30%) and authenticity (20%). Final winner will be chosen by a vote of the judges. By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Three (3) winners will emerge out of ten (10) shortlisted candidates. The shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone and e-mail. In the event that the winners do not respond to notification, alternate winners may be selected from among other eligible entries submitted. By acceptance of the prizes, winners consent to the use of name, photograph or other likenesses, testimonials and other biographical information for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of DEAR without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Shortlisted candidates will be announced on 5th September, 2015. They will be invited for an Interactive Session/Lunch with sponsors, friends and family on the 12th September, 2015 at the Nigerian Society for Information, Arts and Culture (NSIAC), 54, Magazine Road, Jericho, Ibadan, Nigeria. The winners will be announced during the event.
- ENTRIES: Participants may enter only ONE photograph during the contest. Photo must not be significantly modified. Modifications that are permitted are: resizing, cropping, color correcting (such as adjusting tone, saturation, etc.), removing red-eye, spot editing, sharpening, removing noise, and similar modifications. Composite images are not allowed. This includes any photo that has elements added or removed. Frames, borders, watermarks and copyright notices are not allowed. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Submission of entry constitutes permission for DEAR or supporting organizations to publish the entry, in any medium without compensation to entrant and to use entrant’s submitted information for any purpose, including marketing and promotion. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete or inaccurate entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all Nigerians.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Online entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
- SPONSOR: The Official Sponsors of this Promotion are AprilSpring, The BookSellers Ltd, Office Everything and Change Africa Network. Questions regarding this contest should be directed to: email@example.com. Sponsors are not liable for payment of any prize to entrants who have violated these official rules.
TIME TO GET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES ROLLING, YEAH?